Monday 29 December 2014

Bellas are getting inked:Part 2


Tattoos have always had certain stereotypes attached to them depending on the society you ask. A friend asked if I was going through a midlife crisis!? In my twenties? I think not. However, I found this reaction very interesting that my tattoos were not seen as a form of artistic self-expression by this particular friend but rather a cry for help.

I have been meaning to get a tattoo for as long as I can remember, I even ventured into a tattoo parlour once with a vague idea of what I wanted, had a long discussion with the tattoo artist who could see that I was not certain and so promptly sent me home to think about it some more.

Years later, I am very glad that artist sent me home because my choice back then would have been one that I would have regretted today. It was impulsive and I had not thought it through.  After all a tattoo is a lifelong commitment and you need to be hundred percent sure about what you want. It’s on your skin for life as a reminder of your brilliance or stupidity.  So the search began for the perfect artwork, a piece I would wear on my canvas and once I’d narrowed down my choices a new search began for the right tattoo artist. This part is as important as finding the artwork - if not more important. So Brainy Bella set a day aside to go look at all the tattoo parlours in our vicinity. We got majorly side-tracked from this task because Bubbly Bella and I decided to do our hair and we took Brainy Bella with us.

However one fateful Sunday we managed to visit Old Ink Tattoo parlour and we met Clive the tattoo artist. I showed him the four different pieces that I had selected and he came up with a great idea that incorporated three of these into one beautiful artwork. Now I just had to decide on the placement. Clive gave me ideas on where I could place each tattoo but ultimately the decision was mine. I took my time with this, starting by watching people with tattoos and having a look at the different placing’s that other people chose for their tattoos. I finally decided on the placing’s for my tattoos and set the appointment with Clive.




On the morning of the 28th November I made my way to Clive’s Old Ink Tattoo parlour to get my tattoos done. I prepared to be there for the better part of the morning, however to my surprise and to Clive’s delight my skin loves the ink and he was able to make quick yet perfect work of the tattoos. One hour forty five minutes later with one short break, both tattoos were etched on my skin. Clive used both small and large needles to complete the tattoos. I really enjoyed the experience and I especially loved the larger needle as it felt like it glided over my skin. Clive was awesome. So now I’m planning my third tattoo :)

Much Love and Light

Bossy Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment